There was a funny little story though- we were in Lubango, and we saw one road sign showing the way to Tundavala. So we followed it. We followed the road for a long time, but saw no more signs. So, at one point we pulled over to ask for directions. The driver asked a man on the side of the street, "Is Tundavala this way?" He said yes. Then the driver said, "And what is it up there?" And the man replied, "It's nothing, it's just a hole." Understatement of the year!
Here we are, though you can't see what there really is to see...

We are standing at what is hopefully just a look-out now. Unfortunately, during the civil war, this place was used by soldiers to throw prisoners of war to their deaths. What a horrible way to die!
I seem to be missing some pictures...this was a really inspiring place. It was just a beautiful natural thing. Actually, Joel and I kept talking about how much my brother my enjoy the place! I'm not sure they would let you climb it Martin, but, it looked like it would have been fun! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment