Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Robbie Williams in Gothenburg, Sweden


On July 1 I got to go to my first (and admittedly, probably only) Robbie Williams concert. I went with my two cousins and the one cousin's fiance. Cousin #1 is a HUGE fan... going to 4 concerts this tour, all in different European cities. While I didn't even know that much of Robbie's music before the concert, I can now call myself a fan. We waited in line and in crazy mobs for hours, all in the blazing hot sun, to get good standing spots. We ended up with only two rows of people in front of us. The stadium was packed with 60,000 people. It was a sold out show. Robbie put on quite a performance...admitting that he was "fu*king gutted" that England had just lost in the World Cup, only brought on more love from the audience, which in turn seemed to fuel his own desire to be real and have fun. Here I've posted some of the pics that Cousin #1 snapped during the show. Oh, and lest I forget, Basement Jaxx opened for Robbie... and they were GREAT! I knew a lot of their music, and it was a huge bonus (since I didn't even know) that they were playing! Now, people in the States, catch on... this guy's good! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Mara!

A friend once described Robbie Williams as "sex on legs". I think I'd have to agree!