Monday, November 24, 2008

Spazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzm

My thumb - involuntarily jerks back and forth - randomly. I have developed a spasm. I don't know if it's stress related, or due to over-use or mis-use. Either way, whether I'm sitting doing nothing, working at school, on the computer or whatever, my thumb just keeps moving on its own. Right now it's not painful, and I hope it remains that way.

And God forbid that my spasm is use-related. It would be connected to the computer use if anything, and if someone said I had to use it less, well, I don't know what I would do.

More importantly, I am having fun planning wedding stuff, and I would like to concentrate on that rather than work. (No, I'm not at work now, I'm just saying, in general, I'd rather be thinking about my wedding than work...) It's report time right now, and although the reports I have to write this year are the shortest, easiest of my career, I still find myself moving slowly through them, choosing to check and re-check my RSVP mailbox. Ah well, I have 8 paragraphs left to write for my reports to be complete, and I have until Friday. I think I'll make it.

Also, on a very happy note- I found out today that I have lost 4kg/9lbs in about a month! I've been getting comments from lots of people around here and there that I'm looking good/better- or as one mother of a student said, "You are getting the skinny!" It's nice to hear, but I didn't have a way to measure my success- now I do. It's inspiring and motivating! Makes me want to get back to my exercising, which is so easy to not do, and see more results!

Finally, it's just before 11pm and I am sitting on the couch kind of sweaty. Oh, and it's the end of November. Yeah. OK, our air con unit in the living room is busted, and if it wasn't, I wouldn't be sweaty, but still. A lot of my friends who live in colder climes have been blogging/writing/posting pictures of the snow and cold they are experiencing in their lives right now. I've never not been where it's snowing. Did I already say, that it's not really real to me that finally, FINALLY I get to have a winter without snow? I know, technically, where I am it's summer, but, for 28 years winter has been November-February (or Sept/October to March/April while I lived in Latvia) so, it's hard to think of this any other way, than winter without snow. Goodness I love it. Although, I am somewhat anxiously anticipating experiencing Christmas without snow, because that will be different. Not sure what it will be like- but, like I told a friend I wrote an email to- I'm willing to learn to get used to it. :)

Bed time...me and my spazzoid thumb need to sleep.

4 comments:

Mook said...

Christmas in the heat is certainly very different. It's definitely fabulous to go the the beach at Christmas, or have an outdoor barbeque. But I'm not sure about spray-on snow and mountains of shiny sparkly christmas tinsel and ornaments in 30 degrees, bright bright sunlight. And those guys in santa suits in all the shopping centres ;) Mind you I am a bit sad that all of you lot will be celebrating in Melbourne together this year, I so wish that we could hop on a flight and dash over there too...

bigZ LiLk said...

pffftt.. where's the option for - use it as motivation! i can't comment on your poll..

please create more diverse options :)

Marite said...

Kez, you make a good point, I think. Unfortunately, because someone has already voted on the poll, I cannot add any more answers, which I would otherwise do for you.

But, at the same time... I know these people, and get unwanted mental images when I hear stuff- which is hard to make motivational.

bigZ LiLk said...

hehe, i can imagine how that might be a little uncomfortable.. only slightly better than hearing ones parents..