Thursday, August 09, 2007

A new beginning

The time came again. As I write I am into my fourth day smoke free.

It wasn't an easy decision...because let's face it... I love to smoke. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

But, there are things in life that are more important... things like breathing, having babies, being active, living to hopefully meet my grandchildren.

Some people don't seem to think I can do it. And to them I say, thanks a lot. I do need all the support I can get here. Some people also don't think it's a very big deal that I have gotten as far as I have... well, pshaw! To go from nearly a pack a day to nothing, is pretty freaking good people! Although, that being said, I have not at any point in the last 4 days gone anywhere near the pack of cigarettes that Joel still hasn't moved from the coffee table. I left them in his lap after I smoked my last one on Sunday night. I have noticed that somewhere around 8pm every night I get a little twitchy...like I'm going through a little withdrawl spasm...but, other than that, I'm really not even thinking about it.

So, there you go... some of my readers probably didn't even know that I had picked up smoking again, but for a little less than a year, I have been... but not any more. I'm done. That is my new declaration, my new beginning.




No comments: