So I just today logged into my account on the Latvian version of facebook. I had a notification that I had some new comments in some of my photo albums. That was a bit odd because I hadn't posted any new photos in quite a while, and therefore wouldn't expect anyone to be commenting on anything...
So the first picture was one of myself and Joel cuddling in a castle tower in Latvia. I had written the caption myself, which said, "Mmmm...all is well in my world..." Then this random lady wrote a comment saying, "He looks like he's happier some place else, Sweetie." !!!! ????
Then, there was a picture of me holding the test that Joel made me take to get my birthday present back in 2006. My caption said something about the test and the trip to Venice. Then she left a comment, "Well, of course, Joel will never give you anything for free!!!"
Finally, two pics from Oz. One of myself and Joel at the cricket with a couple of our Latvian friends. Caption says just that. She writes, "Joel and a chubby one! (laughing face icon)" And finally, a picture of me in front of the Sydney Opera House- and she wrote, "The chubby lady, way too chubby! (laughing face icon)"
WHO DOES THAT???
I checked to see if we had mutual friends and we were connected through two people (as in, she knows someone who knows someone who knows me), neither of whom have anything to do with Joel. I deleted my friendship with the lady I was directly linked to, and then tried to search for the mean commenter again, and we had no links anymore.
Neither Joel nor I recognized her name, and she didn't have any pictures anywhere where her face was really visible. We were thinking that possibly she was someone that Joel wronged or blew off in his time in Riga pre-me. But yeah, no recollection.
Who knows...but, it sucks that people can just be that rude. I'd never comment on the pictures of strangers unless I had something nice to say- and certainly, no matter how much I wanted to, I would never comment negatively on a stranger's looks!
People suck. :(
6 comments:
Mara, that is just absolute shite. Ignore that wench entirely and don't spend another moment thinking about the ridiculous things she said. I might have been tempted to go on her site and contribute some choice words, but it sounds like you're being much more mature. :-)
Hey you- Joel suggested the same thing about making rude comments on her pictures, but yeah, I've risen above it! :)
My facebook does not let me leave comments on peoples pictures that are not my friends (lets me see pictures where friends are shown but does not allow comments). I would look to ex-girlfriends/ former Joel stalkers! what is her name? Out of curiousity?? I wonder if i know her! I can find her and write mean things on her home door... HAHAHa.... :)
Yeah, Liga, it all happened on draugiem. Joel did end up writing her a mean email and posting some pretty bad comments on a couple of her pictures, and there has been no activity since.
Yikes!! That's one of the reasons I put comment moderation on my blogger account. I had some people say things about me and my family who would not only have the gall to post but would also do it anonymously that were just uncalled for. So sad. If you're going to post a comment like that, don't be a chicken and hide who you are!
Mara,
In draugi you do have the option of checking a box that lets only your friends see and comment on the pictures you post. I would go back in and change the settings.
But that was just plain bitchy and mean of the woman - someone who is unahppy in her own life, and can't accept the happiness of others. I find this type of jealousy and anger at the world just plain sad...
Post a Comment