Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 Things...

There is a thing, a meme (I don't know what that stands for. anyone?) or a forward going around on the good ole FB these days, where your friends write 25 things (anything!) about themselves, and then they "tag" you (yes, like in the childhood game, but they do it by writing your name, rather than slapping you). If you get tagged, then you have to write 25 things about yourself, and tag some other people. I have been tagged a lot of times, and I already wrote my 25 things long ago, because I'm a fool for such things, and goodness knows I like to write about myself.

Today, I am feeling the need to state things. Truths. Or things I would like to be truths. Or things that God forbid should be truths, but that feel the need to get out today. So, I'm going to write 25 here. If you read these 25, you can write 25 on your blog too- but I'm not going to "tag" anyone.

1. I use living abroad as an excuse to make decisions I like to think I would not make if I did not live abroad.
2. A life without sour cream might just be, a life not worth living.
3. I wish I could get dairy substitutes for products besides milk, because then, I think I could find a life worth living that didn't include real sour cream.
4. I suspect there is something markedly wrong with my guts, and that it affects the way I look physically.
5. I want to be a "family person" but I don't want to live near my family.
6. I wonder how different life would have been if one of my brothers had been a sister, if my parents didn't divorce, if we never moved away from Indianapolis. I suspect life wouldn't be measurably better, but possibly, very different.
7. Since becoming a vegetarian, I have become exceedingly adventurous with food- and I always try new things convinced I am going to like them. Usually I do.
8. I tried to like brussel sprouts. I just don't.
9. I can't wait to wear the wedding band that matches my engagement ring, to be a wife instead of a fiance, and to be married to Joel.
10. I was bit in the leg by a St. Bernard as a child, and I think the only dog I have ever felt completely safe with since, is my dad's dog Remy. She's a really, really nice dog. My brother's dog Teja doesn't count, because she's retarded and you can't be afraid of a retarded dog.
11. I think my life would be better if I had a car to be in and listen to music really loud and sing outloud really loud.
12. I take immense pleasure in watching people enojy eating food I have prepared. I don't want it to be, but food is love.
13. I judge people who misspell/misuse easy words harshly. When I see that I have made a stupid spelling/use mistake, I judge myself harshly too.
14. I sometimes smile to myself when I realize that I really am living the life I am living.
15. I have known a lot of really funny people in my life, and I miss them being around as much as I miss some of my really, really good close friends, because I love to laugh until it hurts, and I don't do it enough.
16. I never grew out of the phase that little kids go through when they are hyper-sensitive to the way clothes fit. It's not that clothes have to be comfortable, they just can't be uncomfortable in very certain ways.
17. I don't listen to music anymore, except for when Joel puts it on. I got sick of my tastes being made fun of.
18. I am sure it makes me a better person to eat green things.
19. Unlike many women, I am quite happy to wear the same shoes, carry the same bag and wear all the same jewelry pretty much every day. I own nearly 100 pairs of underwear however, and I make a really conscious choice about which pair to wear every day.
20. I really enjoy watching celebrity news and other reality shows-especially if they are about weddings or babies. I could, and do, spend entire days doing so.
21. When I get into a show, I can get so attached to some characters that I really feel like I am losing a friend when the show ends.
22. I could spend hours slowly moving through a grocery or drug store looking at every little thing on offer. Once in Latvia, I get sternly looked at and followed by a security guard for spending too much time in Drogas.
23. I'm not a person who keeps secrets. I wonder what it feels like to keep things in.
24. I think my friend AS is probably really and truly one of the best people I know. She is always giving of herself to so many different groups, yet still loves and supports her family and herself. I want to be like her when I grow up.
25. I'm really excited about my wedding, and am trying to plan it to be a fantastic event.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

100 pairs of underwear? where do you keep it all? Anyway, to each her own. But how do you know when to do laundry?

Marite said...

I keep it in a very, very stuffed drawer. I do laundry based on other factors- like when the current 5 shirts that I wear are dirty, then I wash them, so I can wear them again.

I am SO not fashionable.

Liene said...

I so had to laugh over #10. The retarded dog isn't a beagle by chance is it? Most beagles I've ever known have been retarded.

I love watching any shows involving wedding. Babies not so much. Don't get me wrong, I love babies, but they are so much hard work that I never want to deal with a newborn of my own again. At least at this point. Big reason we are adopting from China and hoping that we get a daughter who is at least 18 months old.

Latvian Rider said...

Ok I am really offended by the talk about my dog. She really was/ is quite smart. I do however realize that I abandoned her and thus she turned into a lazy fat dog living in MI with my mom. But for the last six years every time I go home she still remembers me. Plus you realy should not call a dog retarded it just isnt nice. \

Sara wants to know what kind of underwear you have, is it all the same, or do you have a large variety for diferent purposes. And I will add, "Holy Shit" Think of all those Africans who don't have any underwear.

I remember that big St. Bernard and when he bit you.

angie said...

As is very honored by your comment but not deserving... :)