The weather has been quite nice lately here in Riga mostly because it's been sunny. It's still pretty cold, only reaching 10-12 degrees, but with the sun so brilliant in a clear blue sky it feels like summer is on its way.
Today, when I was sitting inside near a window, bathed in the sunlight streaming through I was warm- bordering on hot even. Pretty soon (hopefully!) I will have that feeling sitting in the sunbeams OUTSIDE, and then we'll know it's time to hit the beer gardens- I've heard there is one already up in Dome Square, although I haven't seen it with my own eyes.
I have been keeping my students outside for extra playtime the last week enjoying this sunshine. Of course, it means I get to be outside too.
I'm sitting here now and my skin feels like summer- kind of grimy from all the dust and dirt that has blown onto it, and tight, dried out by the rays of the sun. It's the same feeling I used to get after spending the day bouncing around my neighborhood or summer camp in the summers of my childhood. It's nostalgic and nice.
Hmm. That's my happy moment for today! :)
1 comment:
There is nothing like the first beer garden beer of the season.....it won't be long now!!!! :))))))
Post a Comment