
I just took this out the window. I know it's not the best picture, but, you can see the millions of small white flecks- snow. Today is March 18th. I know it's not the latest it's ever snowed, but, I'm over it. Especially since it seems a few weeks ago we were having sunny and somewhat warm weather; it was +10 at least! Anyway... none of this snow is sticking, but it is making it a wet world out there. I'm just ready for spring-like weather since the first day of spring is in two days!
Also, I will not tell the whole long story, because I have already told it a few times, but yesterday a little old lady- who really looked like a kind of nice and classy old grandma, told me, literally, to fuck off on the bus. Why? Not because I was stealing her purse, or pushing or shoving or doing any number of highly inappropriate things that people do on buses here, but because I don't speak Russian. I was so minding my own business, talking to DS (most probably in English!) and when she started talking to me in Russian, I just nicely said that I don't speak Russian. She then proceeded to start mocking me, rolling her eyes, speaking some German as well, and lastly, when I just continued to stare at her wide-eyed, she told me to fuck off- in grammatically incorrect Latvian. It really made my day. NOT. It really made me sad I'm leaving this country. NOT.
I'm a little cranky today. I need a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment